Ευκαιρίες εργασίας – Career Opportunities
(Τελευταία ενημέρωση Ιούνιος 2019 – updated June 2019)
1 post for a Teacher of English as a Foreign Language (TEFL) @ Junior Level
Our school is committed to excellence in teaching and is actively pursuing success for its students in the international language examinations. Our most valuable asset is our people for whom we provide a highly professional but also friendly work environment and commensurate remuneration. In return we expect dedication to our values, commitment to targets, excellent interpersonal and communication skills and ability to work within a team to deliver the desired results.
We are currently recruiting for the position one (1) Teacher of English as a Foreign Language, at junior level. The post will involve 6 to 9 hours of EFL teaching, spread out in 3 to 5 evenings weekly, for the period of September 2019 to June 2020. More hours may be added in the year depending on school needs.
Formal requirements for both post ares:
- Valid teaching license for the English Language from ΕΟΠΠΕΠ.
- Holder of higher education degree (university or college) in a field relevant to education (e.g. English Literature, Primary Education, Pre-school Education, Psychology, Sociology, Social Worker, Special Education etc.). Primary and Pre-school education oriented training is desirable.
- C2 level certificate in English, ideally from Cambridge English. Michigan Language Assessment certificate also acceptable. All other certifications are not acceptable for our purposes.
- Teaching experience is not necessary.
The ideal candidates will:
- be communicative and have excellent interpersonal skills
- possess the ability to inspire and to work comfortably with very young children
- be organised, set targets and work passionately towards achieving them
- be skillful and resourceful in handcrafts, drawings, music, theatre etc
- be aiming for a career in EFL teaching
The following features will be assessed positively:
- knowledge of other languages
- use of computers and new technologies
- work or volunteer experience with children ( e.g. summer camps, guides and scouts, babysitting, playgrounds, schools, animator in resorts etc.)
- work experience or studies abroad
To apply for the above positions, please email your CV with a cover text to email@example.com
IMPORTANT NOTE: all communications must have the code EFL-2019-05-JR in the subject line and make specific reference to the post that is applied for.
Interviews will be conducted in English.